RE: soft-top fitting

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: soft-top fitting
From: Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:27:19 -0000
Ryan,

On mine, this plate is attached (glued?) to the actual fabric of the
soft-top in such a way that this layer of fabric sits between the plate
and the paintwork, protecting the paint.  I assume this is original, but
I don't know for sure.  As for the attachments, yes it's just bolted in
by two bolts (the holes are next to the holes for the hard-top, slightly
inside them).

Hope that helps,

Dean Dashwood
'77 Spit 1500