MkII Engine for sale

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: MkII Engine for sale
From: Kris & Randy Croft <rkcroft@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 18:34:18 -0600
Listers

A couple of weeks ago I bought sight unseen what was
described to me
as an engine from a 69 spit that someone started to install
in a kit
car but had lost interest. So when I arrived to pick up this
new
engine for my 69  I discovered this was not a 1296 cc but
rather a
1147 from a mk II. I also bought a bunch of other parts that
went
along with this "deal" so I thought no biggy I'll strip
everything
off and use what I can. But it's a shame to strip a motor
that
sounded so good running , he actually had this motor on a
stand
running for me when I got there.
  This is a complete engine(FC86779HE) from waterpump to
flywheel including
dyno and starter the only thing missing is the fan.
If anyone is interested please contact me off list.
I would rather not ship this thing , but we could work
something out.
By the way I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Regards
Randy Croft