Re: Computer Virus

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Computer Virus
From: "james carpenter" <james@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:30:19 -0000
Definatly agree about the RTF thing, or even HTML.  One thing I would say,
the best way of infecting lots of computers with viruses is to put the
infection into a program, and put it on the internet calling it a free virus
checker.

Infact any free software is a good way of distributing it.

My computer dosent have a virus checker and hasnt had one for the 4 years I
have owned a computer.  I would say that my computer is less likely to get a
virus than any normal home even buissness computer with virus checker.  I
have boot off of floppy dissabled, I have made my one bootable CDROMs, and I
only down load software if I trust it.

The only viruses I have had have been in Word, and I knew in advance that
the file was infected, but the information was too important (the main NT
server at uni is infected).  So word came up this file may have a macro
virus dissable all macros, I said yes disable them, it ignored me and ran
them anyway. So after replaceing normal.DOT etc from a backup I was fine.