Re: Advice sought

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>,
Subject: Re: Advice sought
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:13:16 -0500
At 10:51 AM 3/29/99 -0800, Simmons, Reid W wrote:

>O.K, as soon as I get everything put back together, the tank drained and
>cleaned, new oil and filter, and a new battery, it will be time to start her
>up.  This car has been parked in my garages either in Michigan for here in
>Oregon unused for over three years.  What precautions or steps should be
>taken before turning her over for the first time?

Make sure you have renewed your AAA road service!   :)

Before starting, remove all the plugs, squirt some oil into the plug holes,
disconnect the coil, then crank the engine until the oil pressure comes up.
 Put everything back together and you'll be ready to bring the engine to
life.

P.S. at the first opportunity you should change the brake & clutch fluids,
and grease the trunnions, steering rack, and u-joints. Or in other words,
do the most comprehensive service specified in the manual.

Good Luck!

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire