valve guides

To: spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: valve guides
From: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 12:27:03 -0500
I am getting new valve guides for my '74 1500 and am wondering if anyone
has experience with VBs stock and premium valve guide. The premiums are
.001 smaller inner diameter, .002 bigger outer diameter and .007 longer.
Will the bigger outer diameter press in without machine work? I can get
the stock ones for $2.00 and the premiums for $5.25. Are the premiums
worth the extra? Any other recommendations would be great.

Thanks for the help
Chris Pappathopoulos