Re: Engine rebuilding

To: "Fawcett, Guy" <gfawcett@NRCan.gc.ca>
Subject: Re: Engine rebuilding
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 12:33:19 -0700
Guy,
  Good luck on your restoration - it sounds like you're making
progress...   IMHO, your best bet would be to start looking around for a
spare 1147 block.  My 1147 is 0.40" over, and I've got an extra block I
picked up at a garage sale 2 years ago.  Your other alternative is to
get a 1300 engine/block, and slip it in some day.  I can't help you much
on the clutch question, maybe someone else has got a new one they can
measure for you.  You should be able to find a local friction shop that
can put new "stuff" on it for you, maybe cheaper than the regular mail
order guys.  Check around, and it might not be a bad idea just to
replace it anyway, while you've got it apart.

Good luck,
Peter Ficklin
'64 Spit
'69 Spit