Re: Strange Engine Noises

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Strange Engine Noises
From: Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:11:28 -0400
A couple of leads and more info:

No, not burning oil.  No blue smoke anyway.
No noise on acceleration.

I'm pretty sure the header (which I DO have) is far enough from the frame to not
cause this noise.  That seems like it would sound somewhat hollow.  This is a
SOLID rattle.

I do have one of those Viscous Coupling fans.  I guess it's posible that this
may be where the noise is.  I'll take it off and start it up to find out.
However, that thing is somewhat light.  And the noise sounds more solid...

Lubricating the Distributor.  Haven't done that.  There may be something to
that.  Yeah.  Are you supposed to do this every so often?

Any more ...?

John