Re:

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 07:54:42 -0700 (PDT)

well, harve, if they are the small plastic ones from the
later spits, i have repainted mine because they were
satring to look a little faded and they was nothing i could
do to make them look good.  my car is a 72 mkIV and they
were originally a flat black.  so i went to the local
hardware store and bought a can of flat black spray paint.
that was 4 years ago, and they still look quite nice,
especially on the silver wheels.

--- Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu> wrote:

> Found a couple of extra spit "hubcaps" this weekend at
> our local British
> Car Club swap meet...  Wondering if anyone has ever tried
> repainting them?
>
> These appear to have been painted by a PO and have have
> distinct mottled
> look.
>
> Tks any info.
>
> harve