Re: What the heck year is this motor

To: Chris DeStaffany <sjmeds@rockisland.com>
Subject: Re: What the heck year is this motor
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:10:26 -0700
Chris,
I don't thing the number you give is a valid Engne number.  If it has a
UE at the end it would bo valid.  The number you give looks like a
Commission number.  If so, it is 1979.  That may also be applicable to
the engine number in that sequence as well.  However, since I don't have
any serial information on engine numbers, I can't say for sure.

Knowing that the engine numbers were generally around the same series as
the commission (for the most part) it probably is a 1979.  But one never
knows for sure!

Regards,
Joe

Chris DeStaffany wrote:

> 1500 Spitfire motor # "FM100030U".  What year?  I've got the books but I'm
> confused, whoa, imagine that!
>
> Chris DeStaffany
>
> 1975 Spit
> 1966 Herald