Re: Generating information...

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Generating information...
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:00:25 -0400
At 08:34 AM 4/19/99 -0600, Andy L. wrote:

>I need some information about my Lucas generator.  It's out of a '70 Spit.
>I'm currently rebuilding it.  I need to know what size of bearings it has,
>and what model it is (If possible).  If anybody know this, please forward
>it along.

Andy, isn't the generator a  Lucas C40 either a -1 or L?  That's what is in
my 65 Morgan and was in my 67 Spit.  That seemed to be the pretty standard
generator for the 60s and 70s.

Unfortunately, I don't have any info of the bearings.  You should be able to
go to a good auto electric shop in your town and they should know.  If you
still have the bearing, take the bearing to a bearing shop (look it up in
the yellow pages).  They can find all kinds of replacements.  At least around
here you take a bearing in, and they'll mike it and cross ref. it for you.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan     Bricklin: webus80.wang.com/BI