Re: ZS carb question! - long-winded response, part 2

To: <DANMAS@aol.com>, <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: ZS carb question! - long-winded response, part 2
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:11:14 +0100
One thing I would say, the car does not do to well with no oil in the
dampner.  Take it out then try and keep a constent speed, try to maintain
3000 rpm in 2nd.  I can garintee people with think your a learner, bunny
hopping all over the palce.

What is happening is the dampner is oscillating up and down about an average
position, which happens to be the correct position.  I had this on my Metro
1 SU HIF44 makes it worse, think about it two can cancel, but together they
can only be as bad as 1.  Excelent if you buy a car in need of new
carburetters, taking the price down then top up with oil before you drive
away.

I would also like to say, these are ingenius inventions.  Extreamly cunning
in the way they work, and so easy to strip, and tune.  Unlike moden
multipoint fule injected cars I have driven I can't find a flat spot with
these carbs.

Mabe this is somthing to put on my website, a virtual SU carburetter.  Hmmm
a computerised model.  Now if I had the needel data as well.