Re: Engine Swaps

To: rmideke@interbase.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Swaps
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:13:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/99 1:57:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rmideke@interbase.com writes:

> A friend of mind drives a 59 sprite with a 5.0 mustang
>  motor (as his only car and daily driver). Calling this car a sprite
>  is of course, streching things quite a bit, since very little
>  original sprite parts remain, but I would much rather have a car like
>  that than a new school mustang/camero etc which cost many thousands
>  more. (Dan Masters, I will try to get you pictures of this car
>  one of these days)

Reed,

Please do!  That would have to be one of my all time favorites!  I've seen
one with a Chevy, but with a Ford?  WOW!

>  Building hot rods of any kind is a hobby in its own
>  right, seperate from driving them.

YES!  That's one thing that is often overlooked in any discussion of engine
swaps. DOING it is more fun for some of us than HAVING it. I'm one of those
that feel that way.  This can also apply to some of us who prefer to restore
just as well, but I really like solving all the nagging litle problems and
doing the fabrication part. Of course, I'll have to admit, if I didn't have
my stock TR6 to drive in the meantime, I might be a little bit more eager to
get the V8 done. I have a lot of other hobbies as well, so sometimes the V8
project gets put on the back burner (like right now, I'm putting the
finishing touches to some of the home improvement projcts I'm doing. One more
small project, and a couple of heavy-duty yard projects, and I'm back on the
car full time).

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/