RE: Yugo bad rap

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Yugo bad rap
From: "Tommy Morris" <morris@tmed.tatrc.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:09:18 -0400
Tid bits:

Being Spitfire owner now,  but owning many Fiats as well as being A Fiat
mechanic in my past life I just wanted to say that Fiats have there place in
the sports car arena. Don't get me wrong I spent many of nights slinging
wrenches and patching leaks (we actually learned from the leaks. One of my
best friends turned me onto using Permatex Aviation Sealer to seal the
engine, after that all the Fiat engines we built never leaked again) anyways

The Yugo was based on the Fiat 128 and the Fiat Strada..the engine and drive
train are pretty much identical. I think the biggest changes we're the looks
and interior of the cars. Almost all the parts are interchangable between
the cars.

Hows this for a Fiat 500+hp 0-60 2.2 sec it was a Fiat engine in a Lancia A4
group E Ralley car. The engine was a DOHC 2.0 liter.

In 1969 Fiat introduced a 124 spider with a 1608cc DOHC engine with twin
downdraft 40mm webers, 5 speed transmission, 4 wheel independent suspension
and four wheel disc brakes with a redline above 8000 rpm.

Fiat was runner up in the World Ralley Championship in 1972, 1973, 1974 and
1975. The Fiat 131 Dominated the World Ralley Championship until 1981. Not
too bad for a Fix It Again Tony

Cheers,
Tommy

"77" Triumph Spitfire Named: JAVA (Project)
and my wife likes it.

In my Past Life I owned an 1969 Fiat Spider, a couple of 1978 Fiat Spyders,
1981 Fiat 131 Miafiori, 1974 Fiat Coupe and a 1976 Lancia Beta Sedan. I sold
my last Fiat Spyder 2 years ago for $8K

Cars I would have loved to own "FIAT DINO SPIDER" and Tims Rotary
Spitfire......