Re: Wheel studs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel studs
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 07:39:12 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/99 6:11:03 AM EST, Mike.Hopkins@mis.magna-europa.com
writes:

>  While refitting a wheel I  had the unpleasant feeling of the wheel nut just
>  keep turning i.e. the threads gone. I now have the wheel studs on order
>  from my friendly parts supplier and need to know, do you have to take the
>  hub off (Expensive hub puller needed) to fit a stud or is the spit one of
>  those cars that has enough room to put the stud in.

I assume that you mean the rear wheel and yes it can be done without removing
the hub.  You will have to remove the brake shoes and hardware, at least I
did.
Firmly seat it by stacking it with washers and tighten the wheel nut to pull
it forward
or you will tend to knock it loose when re-fitting the wheel.

-Greg