Re: Lower rear shock mount

To: Jay Heaman <jheaman@woodstockpuc.on.ca>
Subject: Re: Lower rear shock mount
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:57:31 -0400
Jay Heaman wrote:

> Shock mount...
> While changing out the rear shocks, I found the back right,
> lower mounting bolt had been stipped. The bolt had been drilled,
> washer and nut installed and a cotter pin installed. What is
> necessary to replace this mount? It doesn't look like it is
> removeable.
> Thanks,
> Jay Heaman

Jay,

You are right. It is not removable. It has to be replaced
as part of the vertical link. You might try rethreading
it and using a smaller nut. This would have been a nyloc
nut from the factory, and if it isn't now, that would be
the reason for it having been stripped.

--
Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net