RE: GT6 rear brakes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GT6 rear brakes
From: IanSouthwell@ApexSystems.COM
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:22:21 +0100
I don't know about you but my experience will 'self-adjusting brakes' is
that they never work!  I have a late GT6 and used to have Dolomites with the
same mechanism.  The metal that is supposed to move the cog on the end of
the wheel cylinder never makes a good contact with the cog.  I ended up just
snapping this piece off.  Of course you might have better luck than me...
Sorry I cant confirm the TR7 has the same brakes but I would bet on it!

Ian Southwell, Coventry
GT6 Mk3 x 2