Re: Jacking Safety WAS: RE: Front Spoiler

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>, Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Subject: Re: Jacking Safety WAS: RE: Front Spoiler
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 16:25:11 -0700

        I no longer use ramps in any case due to another horror story.  Back
while
working on Vega's, my father was under the car positioning the transmission
while I was inside the wagon's cabin helping to jockey the linkage into
place.  We wiggled the wrong way and the car rolled off the ramps, OVER the
blocks (short lengths of railroad iron)behind the rear tires.  Crushed his
rib cage, shoulder, and arm.  He's okay now, and remarkably it turned out
alright.  No engine in the car at the time so that helped a bit, but
still.... to be in the car that rolls over your own father.  Bleah.

        Now it's jack stands for me, preferably on all four sides.  Cast ones,
not
the $20 (US) stamped sheet metal units.

-Vegaman Dan
-66/69 SpitPieces
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |  Flinters@picarefy.com * www.picarefy.com/~flinthoof   |