Oouuuupsss.... HELP!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Oouuuupsss.... HELP!
From: Thomas Dertz <s961051@stud.nhh.no>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 08:13:08 +0200
Hmmmm.... I think I have a problem - hope it's not too big. After
driving my Spit Mk 2 for about 2 minutes this morning (about 10*C, used
choke), I was in a crossing, stopped the choke, and got a green light.
The engine wasn't willing to give me any power, so I revved it quite a
bit, and "cluched" my way out of the crossing.  5 meters later the
engine was "out".

I stopped, and turned it off, and back on again. Tried this quite a few
times. It starts (unwillingly), but seems to have something "pushing
against" it. There isn't anything in the exhaust-pipe as far as I can
see. Once I try to give any gas it stops.

Based on my _limited_ knowledge, it may be that it is being drowned in
gas. If so, what can be wrong? Should I just hope that it will start
next time? Can there be any other, serious, faults?

Hope someone can give me a hint.....  Have a nice week-end!!

Thanks,
Thomas
(Who had to walk the remaining 2 miles.)