Re: Body filler

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Subject: Re: Body filler
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:08:54 -0700
Craig, I think you are describing the red stuff commonly referred as
Glazing Putty.  I have fount it quite useful, but if the imperfections
are sizable, it must dry a little longer.  I have found myself sanding
and having the stuff smear!

Regards,
Joe

P.S. another trick is to take a paintbrush and brush on un-thinned
primer.  It also dries quickly and because of the nature of the material
it sands very easily.  I do that on Guitars that I refinish.  It fills
up the grain very well and makes for a very smooth surface.

Joe

Craig Smith wrote:

> I went to a local body shop and bought a tube of stuff made by Dupont that
> is about double a toothpaste tube.
> It's great for little dimples left in the Bondo after it cures.
> I also used it for smaller dings. It air cures fairly fast and sands real
> well.
> I don't remember the exact name but it was good stuff

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer