Question on tearing out all the electricals

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Question on tearing out all the electricals
From: Zach <z510z@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 20:42:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hello once again listers!

Well, seeing as I had a wonderful time Monday night
driving home in the Spit ("Yes, officer, I know my
lights are off"), my brake lights have only on rare
occasion worked in the car, and I've got the old
sometimes works gas and temperature gauge and no
wipers (all fuses are fine), I've decided to pull out
all the wiring and give it a good thorough whipping,
er cleaning.  My questions are:

1.  Where is the best place to start this from?  The
back or the front of the car?

2.  Even though the ignition light goes off, I still
am wary as to wether or not the car is charging.  What
is the normal current from the generator?

3.  Would a dwindling current and progressively worse
running engine be related for obvious reasons?

4.  Am I mad to keep this car running?  ( I can answer
this one easy... no!)

Any, all, or even a little help is most appreciated.
Also, Andy Mace, if you could email me on the VTR
spitfire web pages, I have a question for you, if
you're the right person to talk to.

Thanks everyone!

Zach Zaletel
70 Spit Mk III