Re: 76 1500 US Bumpers

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 76 1500 US Bumpers
From: David Gates <dgates@lava.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:44:53 -1000
Peter,

I just did this very thing last week.  But I took it off my '76 parts car
and put it on a '73 1500 that originally did not have all the extra stuff
on it.  Once you get the middle section off, what is left is exactly the
same as the smaller bumper on my '73 (the '73 bumper was badly rusted).  As
stated earlier it does have 6 bolt holes in it however.  To cover them, I
went to my snap kit and found the chrome snap tops.  They fit perfectly
over the holes and match the chrome bumper nicely.  I put a washer on the
back side of the bumper and glued the washer to the snap cover.  Worked
like a champ and looks good also.  I can take pics of it but it may be a
week or so to get the film developed.

David