RE: Triumph interchange goldmine in junk yards

To: "'nikolai jaremka'" <njaremka@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Triumph interchange goldmine in junk yards
From: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:19:31 -0400
I don't think the question of easier to steer is one of strength but is one
of movement.  The Spitfires light weight negates the need for strength to
steer it.  What we are talking about is the speed that the movement of your
arm can turn the wheel so many degrees.  On a small wheel turning the wheel
a 1/4 turn could take 4 inches of hand travel, while on a large wheel it
could take 6 inches (I am pulling these numbers out of the air, if someone
wants to breakdown with the formula for pie, go for it).  So I guess easier
means quicker, or faster steering maybe.

Patrick Bowen