New to list/Question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: New to list/Question
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:15:41 -0400
To anyone on the list,
I've just joined the Spitfire mailing list. (I was a member of the Triumph
mailing list ~ 8 months ago, but got tired of filtering through the 100+
messages per day.) So, I hope I'm not repeating a recently asked question...

1) The poor body work the PO had done on the bonnet is starting to show
through (the bondo separating from the bonnet).

Years ago, when I first got my spitfire, I picked-up a magazine (I think it
was British Classics or something of that sort), that had an article
regarding a racing spitfire (owner in England) that had a fiber-glass
bonnet and trunk.

Does anyone know if there is a company in Britain or US producing
fiberglass bonnets for Spitfire/GT6 or was this a custom job they had done?

I'd appreciate any information anyone can give me.

2) I'm almost done working with the '50 ford F5 as my summer project this
year. And I'm considering upgrading the 1500cc engine in the spitfire to a
more respectable Ford V6 (2.8 L?) Has anyone on the list done this
conversion that would be able to offer me some tutelage on this?

Terry L. Thompson
Maryland
'76 Spit 1500 (inca yellow)