RE: tickets [ex Re: Porch!]

To: "'Reed Mideke'" <rmideke@interbase.com>,
Subject: RE: tickets [ex Re: Porch!]
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:23:59 -0400
A little trick I learned.  At least it works in NY, anyway.  If you're found
guilty, overpay by $5.00 or so.  THe DMV will cash the check,  and issue a
refund check.  If you don't cash the refund check the case is never closed.
Since it's paid,  it doesn't get moved to the overdue file,  and since it's
open you never get the points on your license.  If you have to pay it right
at the court,  only bring one check so you can say you made a mistake and
tell them to process the overpayment and issue a refund.

Of course,  I've never done this.  No really,  I haven't.  No tickets yet
(knock on wood) but a few poeple I know have done it.

Michael
'78 Midget

        __/__,_
|           Michael Graziano            |
|   Long Term Capital Management L.P.   |
|         Phone: 203-552-5706           |
|         Fax:   203-552-5869           |
|       Email: mgrazian@ltcm.com        |