Help with small part

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Help with small part
From: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@enteract.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:41:36 -0500

Hello list,

I am searching for a little part that is keeping my Spitfire off the road
and I am getting sick of looking for it! Help!

My car has had its air pump removed, and that leaves a hole in the exhaust
manifold... a hole which was plugged with something that blew out somewhere
along Interstate-90. The car is now incredibly noisy as you might imagine,
so I haven't been driving it.

The hole that was plugged is actually a hole through a fitting that screws
into the exhaust manifold. This fitting is threaded on the outside,
non-threaded on the inside, and, of course, it is stripped and mangled and
generally not usable. What I really want is a solid fitting that matches
the outside threads, so I can screw it in the manifold and plug the opening
for good.

The trouble is, I can't find anything to match the thread, and I don't
think the major parts suppliers have anything like this because it would
not be a "stock" part. Anyone have any ideas/info/part numbers?

Thanks for any help,
Eric.

-----
Eric Yates