Re: clutch bleeding

To: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>,
Subject: Re: clutch bleeding
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 20:43:35 -0400
Chris,

How long has your car been sitting?   When I got my Spit, the clutch was
stuck to the flywheel.

I freed mine by putting the 1 13/16 socket on the crank nut with the
breaker bar against the frame, then pushing the car with all my might!
[gearshift in neutral]

On another auto list I belong to, owners routinely have the clutches stick
even after a winter's rest.  I guess it doesn't take that long.  To which I
say:   Drive 'Em If You Got 'Em!

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire