Re: strange turn signal problem

To: "Triumph TR 7" <tr7@primenet.com>, "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: strange turn signal problem
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 15:01:52 -0400
Hi,

Did you resolve this one?  (I've been away, only 400 messages to go...)

At 02:39 AM 7/25/99 -0500, Triumph TR 7 wrote:
>... I'm now having problems with the front right turn signal  in the
>bumper. It doesnt want to blink at all. The bulb is fine, since if I turn on
>the headlights, it lights up.

Maybe not...that is usually a dual-filament bulb.  The dimmer 'parking
light' may be working but the brighter 'turn signal' filament may be
broken.  Replace it.

>When I use the left turn signal, I get 2 quick clicks and the indicator on
>the dash flashes as well.
>
>When I try the right, I get 2 slower clicks and it doesnt flicker on the
>dash. The rear blinkers work just great, minus the hazard lights, where only
>the left one blinks.

Have you performed your hazard light switch maintenance lately?  The turn
signal current path is through the hazard (4-way) switch contacts, but
since they are seldom used, you could get corrosion build-up inside the
hazard switch.

Maintenance:  at least once a year, actuate the hazard switch AT LEAST 10 -
12 times.  You may find that your turn signals work better after that.

Here's Hoping,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire

"You have the right to remain silent.   Anything you say will be misquoted,
then used against you."