Re: Camber Compensator Update

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Subject: Re: Camber Compensator Update
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 08:49:18 -0700
Craig,
I took some photos of the stuff both separate and installed .  I should
have the shots developed early next week and will post a few to the web
site.  I'll let you know when they are ready.

But in the meantime, I'll describe it to you.  It resembles a V-shaped
scoop that is flat on one end and attaches to the bottom three
differential bolts.  The scoop portion extends forward  and the very
bottom is flattened about 3/4".  This is where the leaf attaches with a
single 1/4" bolt.  It is designed not to actually have any function more
than locating the spring and allowing it to rock as the suspension
works.  The rocking transfers the force to the unladen wheel in a hard
turn, keeping it from tucking under.

Regards,
Joe