cooling problem

To: Spit list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: cooling problem
From: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 13:02:26 -0500
I to have been struggling with a cooling problem. My 1500 runs from .5
to .75 on the gauge. I noticed that when I pulled the coolant drain plug
on the left side of the block it didn't look wet at all, so I ran the
engine with it removed to see if any antifreeze came out. None did. I
rebuilt my engine this winter and I don't think I got much if any fluid
out of this plug then, but my engine accidentally got upside down in
partial disassembly and fluid leaked out then. My question is should
this plug be wet? If so what should I try to do to get coolant flowing
through the block, some sort of derusting liquid like the acid that has
been talked about?

Also, a few months ago some was talking about catching the Spitfire
virus. I got such a a severe case of the virus that it weakened my
immune system to the point I caught the TR7 virus. I am now the proud
owner of a 76 in need of work.

Thanks
Chris Pappathopoulos
76 TR7