Re: Distributer Advance

To: A666K@aol.com
Subject: Re: Distributer Advance
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 22:41:17 -0400
A666K@aol.com wrote:

> Is there a difference b/w adding weights and using lighter springs? Or are
> they two ways to reach the same results?
> TIA,
> Avi

I wouldn't recommend adding weight to the centrifugal pivots unless you
can position them in exactly the same place on each and have a balance
capable fo measuring weights in increments less than a gram.

Changing the springs are the best way to go. Get a set of springs that
match and try them. You could use springs (of appropriate length) from
another car and experiment with them. Some performance shops carry
different springs for this purpose.

                                           __
                                          /  \
                                         /(==)\
Tom Shirley Sale Creek, TN      __     .=_.--._=.     __
BAD DOG Racing                 |  |---|<|      |>|---|  |
1982 Royale RP31M Formula Ford |  |    \ \ 18 / /    |  |
1978 Triumph Spitfire          |__|-----\<\__/>/-----|__|

http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080