RE: Grose Jet question

To: "'Donald H. Locker'" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>,
Subject: RE: Grose Jet question
From: "Bowley, Glenn (GC CT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 07:57:20 -0400
I believe that's the stuff. I bought this can about 5 years ago, so it may
be off the market by now.
I thought there was a layer of some liquid on the top of the cleaning fluid
to keep it from evaporating/fumigating the user. It's too bad if they
removed it from the market as the stuff ate through all that nasty gook
that's left in the carb after the gasoline has evaporated. I guess I should
hold on to the can I have!
I see a lot of people recommending the Grose Jet replacement, but I have
never had a problem with my '75. Having had a lot of motorcycle carburetor
experience, I have never seen such a device used in a motorcycle carb. They
use the same needle/seat/float setup used on the Zenith-Stromberg carbs.
Although I have seen them stick once in a while, usually this is due to a
dirty fuel bowl, and or varnished-up needles/seats. Maybe they should make
them for bikes, as they tend to get stored a lot more than cars.
Glenn
'75 Spit FM30644U