CHROMING LUG NUTS

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: CHROMING LUG NUTS
From: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:13:57 -0400
Major thanks to Joe Haider in helping me find the Appliance Industry lug
nuts that I need (and no one else in the world even has)  I received them
yesterday and while they aren't pretty they are alot better than what I
didn't have.  The lug nuts are very rusty with some imperfections in the
acorn of them.  My intentions were to sandblast or acid eat off the rust,
then file down rough edges and send them off to be chromed.  Where is the
best place from the lists experience to have items chromed?  How much should
I expect?   Are the home chroming kits worth anything?

I cannot express my appreciation enough to Joe and the list in helping
finding these (they are a lot harder to find then you might imagine)  of the
12 Joe found in his garage I think I can salvage  7 of them, which will give
me a few extras.

Again, Thank You (and where do I chrome them?)
Patrick Bowen