Re: Spits @ LeMans

To: Laura Gharazeddine <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: Re: Spits @ LeMans
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:36:26 -0500
Yep -- I'm out here.  Hi Sue & Laura!

In my area/club (Dallas/Fort Worth) we have one single lady who drives a
TR6 and is very interested in learning how to work on the car.  We have
several married ladies who happily drive their Spits and TR3's.  An
ex-club-president's daughter and I both drove Spitfires for Domino's
Pizza (albeit at different times and in different cities).

It was so funny to be returning from an autocross on Hwy 635 on Dallas
one Sunday evening and see a little red Spit overtaking us from behind
-- it turned out to be a lady in the club on her 45-mile drive home from
her fiance's house!

I also think women might be attracted to Spits since they are relatively
non-threatening to do maintenance or repairs on.  You just can't be
intimidated by something so cute where the whole front end lifts up and
you have a built-in seat on the tire! ;)

Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE the bigger TR's (250 is my dream TR) but I
get what I can afford (Spits).

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley
1968 street Spit Elliott