Scotland and my Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Scotland and my Spitfire
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:08:35 EDT
Dear UK Listers:
My wife and I plan to visit Scotland next year, and wish to make our travel
arrangements now.  Question: I can block out 2 weeks in either July or
August.  What is the weather like?  Is one month a "better" one than the
other?  Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated -- please respond
directly rather than on-list.
Thanks!
Scott
PS.  Hobbs, my 77 Spitfire, will spend the 2-week period hiding in the garage
with a loaded shotgun to protect my pets and belongings.  (Had to mention
Hobbs in order to keep this a Spit-related post).