Re: transmission tunnel

To: brichard@us.oracle.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: transmission tunnel
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:37:47 EDT
Brad
       Just did the cover in my GT6+ . Used Elmer's Neoprene based Contact
Cement. It seemes to be doing the job. The cement has to be applied to both
the cover and the insulation and kept seperated untill you have it in the
positition you want. I used wax paper for this. I cut the insoluation to the
rough dimensions with a generous amount of overlap and then starting in the
middle pressed them together a little at a time trying to follow the contours
of the cover and sliding the wax paper out as i went along. after it dried I
cut away the excess. The job came out to my satisfaction. The insulation
seems to make the cover a little more rigid and thus a little easier to
install. Iv'e had the cover off a couple of times and it seems to be holding
up well. Good luck.

70 GT6+ KC78784
70 Spit FDU84919
70 GT6+ KCXXXXX (future spit/6)