Re: Not to tute my own horn...

To: faustus@inconnect.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Not to tute my own horn...
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:57:40 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/1999 12:46:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
faustus@inconnect.com writes:

>  I'm trying to fix my non-functioning horn.  It worked before parked for
>  winter.  Here's what I found out last night.  The purple/yellow wire
>  connected to the horn is good.  The horns have a good ground.  The button
>  works.  The wire going from button to relay is good.  The only
>  wire/connection that is of unknown function is the purple/black wire going
>  to the relay.  This wire doesn't ground out and doesn't appear to have any
>  voltage.  It appears this should be a 12v+ lead, is this right?  If so,
>  I'll have to patch it.
If it was working before....
Probably corrosion on the slip ring under the steering wheel of on the
contact plunger (my term) that connects the button to the ring. Try turning
the wheel back and forth while holding the horn button depressed.  Or remove
the button and contact plunger, spray contact cleaner in the holw where the
contact plunger was removed while turning the wheel 360 degrees...

Could also be a bad ground connection on the horn button...
Good luck!
Clark