Bushings on Differential

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Bushings on Differential
From: PBowen9685@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:00:44 EDT
While rebuilding my rear suspension and diff I noticed that the two bushings
that go through the back of the diff are in good shape but that the sleeved
holes are no longer centered.  It appears as if over time the weight on them
has pushed them down a bit.  Both sides are the exact same, I measured to
make sure this wasn't adding any to a tilt and is doesn't.  At $15 a bushing
is there a real need to replace these.  They are probably off center between
1/16 and 1/8 (sorry my mental measuring stick isn't working)  Plenty of
rubber around it, and it still appears in good shape.  What do ya think.

Patrick Bowen