Anti- run on valve, 73/74 1500

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Anti- run on valve, 73/74 1500
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:19:42 PDT
Greetings to all:

Although I am willing to spend the bucks for a new unit from one of the mail
order houses I wondered if anyone out there has a servicable "anti-run on
valve" for the 1973/74 1500 Spitfire.

Perhaps one of you who has converted to a Weber set-up or otherwise
reconfigured your emission system might have one in your parts box.  If so,
and you're willing to sell, please quote your price.

The old unit is still mounted on my car but the electrodes are broken off
and the unit is currently non-functioning.  Does anyone know of a test or
repair procedure for this?

I know that the desirable thing to do would be to chuck the whole thing and
mount a new carb, etc.  Perhaps next year.  The budget for big ticket items
is shot for 1999!

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Best Regards,

Walt Fogle