RE: Exhausting times

To: "'James Carpenter'" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Exhausting times
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 13:24:32 +0100
James,
        I recently bought a standard stainless system for my MkIV from Bells
in Swindon (this is the same system the TSSC supply) for 130 pounds! I think
TSSC list price is around 160. It might be worth enquiring with Bells to see
what they can do. I don't have their number to hand, but they should be easy
to find through directory enquiries.
        One thing worth noting about the choice of system - Stainless
systems are always much "Buzzier" than mild steel ones. I settled for a
standard system after travelling in a 1500 with a stainless semi-sports
fitted! The noise would drive me mad on a long journey - it just wasn't
pleasant. A friend used to have a 1500 with a full sports system in mild
steel, and that sounded really good. As yet, I've only fitted the back box
to my MkIV, and it's already got a lovely deep exhaust note. Have a listen
to some other Spitfires before you fork out for a new system,
        Bill Davies.

PS
  I'm assuming the Moss exhaust is the TriumphTune setup. Not with a
bargepole, personally......