No fault insurance -

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: No fault insurance -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 11:13:56 -0700
>I'm not sure you want "no-fault" insurance.  When they adopted that scam in
>Florida back in the early '70s, insurance rates "went through the roof" and
***************************************
And the argument I've always had against "no-fault", for what it's worth,
is that people will start bouncing off your car like bumper cars at the
amusement park, and simply chime, "Don't worry, your covered.  We have
no-fault insurance now!"  I am always reminded of an incident that happen
to me.  A woman (no gender offence or inference intended, it just happened
to be a woman) in the parking lot of a grocery store many years ago that I
went to.  After bouncing her shopping cart off my car door, smiled, and
happily said, "Oh don't worry, my son paints Porsches for a living."  Her
smile quickly turned to a frown when I chided her by saying, "I don't care
what your son does!"  "After a few more careless acts like this, I get to
repair and paint my whole car to retain this level of appearance."  "Simply
fixing the *ding* doesn't do it".  She replied with "Well, if you feel that
way about it then you shouldn't be driving it!!"  She slammed her card door
shut and drove off - It's this attitude that scares me, and I guarantee
that same woman would have given me the riot act is I had so much as
scratched her dinning room table!
As you can probably tell, I voted AGAINST no-fault - It's another one of
those I'm not responsible for my own acts kinda laws - Sorry, soap box mode
off now :-)

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)