Re: carb's

To: Patrick Bowen <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: carb's
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 07:02:33 -0700
Patrick,
I checked into that about a year or so ago and found that the throttle
bodies were made to fit onto an existing 1.5" SU manifold.  So a
manifold which was designed for HS4's (European Spit 1500) would adapt
those throttle bodies.  The "gotcha' is that all the electronics and
other pieces required to complete the installation quickly added up.
Seems to my foggy memory that it was well over 1200 bucks to implement,
maybe even as much as 2 grand.

However, Since the products were not actually available at the time,
pricing was speculative.

Regards,
Joe

Patrick Bowen wrote:

> In the last issue of Grassroots Motorsports there was a advertisement for a
> TWM induction company in Goleta CA www.twminduction.com at (805) 967-9478.
> They listed as new SU and Zenith FI replacements.  I don't know if these are
> replacements for old carbs or direct swaps for a newer fi systems.  but it
> looks like it would bolt straight on.  If anyone else (with more time and
> money than I) wants to take a look, please let us know what you find.
>
> Patrick
> insert no financial interest statement here.

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer