79 spitfire for Sale

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 79 spitfire for Sale
From: Ben Bacon <Ben@HEI-KC.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:44:52 -0600
I'm sorry to report that I am offering my spitfire up for sale.  This is due
to several reasons, the two main ones being that I have four cars in a three
car driveway and that I find myself traveling more.  While the car has never
left me stranded, I don't feel comfortable driving it 4 to 6 hours a day.  I
have driven this car over 6000 miles in the last 4 months without any
problems.

Anyway, the car is in very good condition mechanically and has no rust on
the body or frame.  OK it had a little rust on the body when I purchased it
but I've removed and refinished it.  It could stand a new paint job as the
old paint is dull (Inca yellow)  it's a 79 spit with a 80 UCE engine,
transmission an driveshaft.  Emissions were removed by a previous owner (Not
required in Kansas). Car has 98K on it, engine about 65K.  I'll have it for
sale in the local Kansas City area starting next Monday.  Asking price in
the paper is $3000.  For list members I will reduce this to $2700.

If interested contact me off list and I'll email additional info and photos.

Ben Bacon
Kansas City Area
work: 913 307-5344
Home: 913 294-0120