Re: Daimler SP250 (Dart) question

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Daimler SP250 (Dart) question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 21:28:34 -0700

Andrew Mace wrote:

> Yep, we got a fair number of them here in the US. In fact, that has
> something to do with why they're sometimes referred to as the SP250. It
> was the Dart back home, but over here Chrysler Corp. used that name on a
> Dodge and didn't really wish to share it with Daimler. Interesting in a
> way, as from certain angles the Daimler has some very Chrysler-like
> styling cues (don't know if Virgil Exner had anything to do with the SP250).

Andy,
It's V-8 was designed by Daimler's Managing Director Edward Turner (You
know, the guy who was famous for his Triumph Motorcycle Engines).  A
peek underneath reveals that the car took its chassis and suspension
cues from the TR3.  So there is a lot of Triumph in the old girl!

Joe

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer