GT6+ gone bad againy, Carb trouble

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6+ gone bad againy, Carb trouble
From: "Thomas Carney" <gt6plus@gis.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 16:27:11 -0500
  Some of you may remember this past summer my GT6 ran really bad after I
had gotten some gas.  Well I never did figure out what it was and a few days
before I left for school I had the mechanic do the work on it.  He told me
all he did was retune the carbs.  The other night I went to get some food
and it happened again!!!  This time the car started and ran fine, I get to
the drive thru window, get my food, go to pull out and it begins all over
again and I didn't even turn off the car this time.  Seems that all of a
sudden the Carbs decide to run out of sync.  Noteably the front carb.  The
change in performance is not too noticeable, but it sounds like it is
misfiring when the gas is applying, a very uneven note coming out of the
exaust.
Here is what I have checked so far, but I am at a loss:

Car dies if I pull one of the plug wires to the 3 rear cylinders.
Car does nothing if I pull all 3 the front (well it did shock me good)until
I start to give it gas, then there is a noticeable drop when I pull one
plug.
At idle i can remove the top of the carb and engine runs same as when on.
Looking down into the jet area also shows that there is no gas coming out at
idle.  Gas does come up if I rev it high enough.
Floats are not sticking and niether is the needle valve.  Piston moves
freely as well.
So I am pretty sure the front carb is the culprit(as was last time)

I have gotten it to run a little better by openeing the front butterfly more
and enriching the mixture a tad.

Any ideas how it drop out of sync like this, I hope I can get it running
right before my trip home.
Any other suggestions i should try out?
Thanx
Tom