Re: pinnion oil seal

To: alemen@ftconnect.com
Subject: Re: pinnion oil seal
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:54:18 -0500
How about Eastwood?  http://www.eastwood.com
Their P/N 49005 is a sort of universal seal puller.

If you opt for the sheet-metal screw trick, try to reduce the number
of stretchy elements in your pulling rig as much as possible.  I would
suggest a slide hammer instead of a come-along, but having never done
this job I can't claim any expertise.

Donald.

> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 08:50:40 -0800
> From: Alan Lemen <alemen@ftconnect.com>
>

> Grant, where do I get one?
>
> Alan
>
> Grant Buss wrote:
>
> > There is a proper tool to remove seals. It is a flat bar in the shape of a
> > 'T' , with sharp 'hooked' points on the short ends. It works great.
> >                                             Grant Buss

[snip]