Re: Looking for a rebuildable 1500

To: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for a rebuildable 1500
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:17:44 -0000
Hi Paul
I am fairly sure you will find that the later 1300 engines are the same
block as the 1500, the 1500 only has a longer stroke than the 1300 same
bore, though I don't know whether you have the 1300 units over there, I
don't know at what number the main bearings changed from the early small
diameter spec to the same diameter as the 1500 engines but AFFAIR this is
the only thing to watch out for. this should open up a larger selection of
blocks. I have a '76 Toledo engine of the later spec to give you a guide, I
think it changed some time before this.

Graham.