Re: Seat covers

To: Ken C <kenwc@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Seat covers
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:17:02 -0700
Ken,
If I can do the seats without any problems, I'm sure you can too!!!

I think the rubber weather strips you are talking about are the same
ones that I have left over from my restoration 3 years ago.  they go on
the edges of the windshield frame.  My furflex trim pieces seal the
window well enough that I elected not to use them.

It's your call!

Joe

Ken C wrote:

> Fellow pilots,
>
> Well, I've delayed long enough, the last major item is the interior. The new
> carpets don't look too intimidating, but the  seats are another story. Any
> hints ? My current thinking is to find a good reuphostery store, but I'm
> cheap, excuse me, frugal ! I've got new foams and covers, the frames have
> been sand blasted and painted, everything is ready to go. Is this something
> an amateur should leave to pros ?
>
> Another question for the group. I have two  pieces of rubber weather-strip,
> each about 28" , for the 'A post' in the doors. Not a clue what that means.
> When I took the doors apart, there was no weather-strip. Any ideas ?
>
> TIA... Ken C

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer