Re: Car Alarm Response

To: "McKey, Paul" <P.J.McKey@massey.ac.nz>,
Subject: Re: Car Alarm Response
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:41:50 -0800 (PST)
One trick is to install the alarm 'horn' inside the
cockpit, making it so loud and uncomfortable that the
thief flees. (esp effective in hardtops and GT6).
Don't know about your locale, but due to so many false
alarms, no one pays *any* attention at all to an auto
alarm, (other than to mumble f**king a**hole).
FWIW, I have heard hundreds of alarms, *never* when a
theft was in progress.

Hidden kill switch is most effective, they just will
not bother when pickings are so easy.

Carter

--- "McKey, Paul" <P.J.McKey@massey.ac.nz> wrote:

> Thanks to all who replied on and off the list to my
> car alarm queries.  I
> was only really looking at adding central locking
> because yes, I do also
> have a factory hardtop.  I figured that once this is
> on, the car is pretty
> much the same as a normal coupe.  But you guys know
> a lot more about these
> things so of course I'll take your word for it.  So
> just out of interest
> now, has anyone actually attempted to install
> central door locking
> solenoids?  I don't think I'll attempt it now, but
> just out of interest!...
>
> Thanks again for all your help.  I do have another
> interesting query that I
> will ask in a few hours - I just need to check
> something first!
>
> Regards
>
> Paul
> 1975 Spitfire 1500 (Mk IV????? :-))