RE: Transmission cover - ABS or Original?

To: "'Bradley D. Richardson'" <brichard@us.oracle.com>,
Subject: RE: Transmission cover - ABS or Original?
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:35:36 -0600
I got a deal a year ago on the ABS tunnel with gaskets screws and those
little chrome things, ALL for $25.00 ! A local parts house messed up and
ordered the wrong thing... at that price I jumped, the fiberboard one is
junk, the old insulation was in a plastic bag and it's rock wool. Junk
again. I purchased some nice insulation material that they make duct work
from that is fairly stiff and flat, I cut it rough and pressed into the
underside of the tunnel. Once sized and cut I sprayed the inside of the ABS
with contact cement as well as the insulation and pressed it in. Worked
great ! I had to cut out the hole for the gearshift and I also covered the
outside of the insulation with that black plastic stuff that you use for
ground cover in flower beds. I know this sounds stupid but that plastic has
holes in it to let the insulation breath if it gets wet and it's resistant
to oil. And the best part is it was CHEAP !