RE: gas prices

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: gas prices
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 09:52:52 -0800
At 09:15 AM 2/27/2000 -0500, Bill Miller wrote:

>Fred,
>
>I really think one of the major differences in the price vs. location topic
>is local taxes.  California taxes gas more heavily and Va in your example.
>And our gas is taxed by our Federal gov, state gov, county gov, and city
>gov's.  Nice, huh?  I believe that is why our overseas listers pay more as
>well: Taxes.  The cartel, sure, fixes prices.  But when the governments tax
>the stuff to death, what do you expect??
>
>Bill

Washington State has the highest gas taxes applied to the base price in the
nation I am told by the local regional paper, with 30% of the price just in
taxes.  But even with that, we run around 1.40 or so a gallon.

I made the recent mistake of going to a Harbor Freight Tools retail store.
Ended coming out with a 1,000 pound engine stand, a shop cart, and
replacement welding helmet.  Oh, a right angle grinder too.  Next time I'll
fall victim to new jack stands and perhaps a  floor jack to replace my
aging one.

-Vegaman Dan
-66/69 Spitui!
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |  Flinters@picarefy.com * www.picarefy.com/~flinthoof   |